Parts Warranty (No Labor)
American Auto Parts warrants all purchases subject to the conditions and limitations below:
1. 1. All parts are guaranteed to be free of defects for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase on the invoice. Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the expressed warranty. All parts are covered under the standard 90 days. Engines and transmissions in addition, are eligible for labor coverage. If a customer chooses to purchase labor coverage details of that coverage will be listed on the front of the invoice, accompanied by a signature line.
Standard Part Warranty = 90 days
**Front axles/rear axles/carriers must have new fluid and gaskets upon installation
Parts and Labor coverage - Engines and Transmissions
If you purchased labor coverage, and the part fails within the warranty period (after being properly installed and maintained) then you will be entitled to be paid for labor as follows:
1. Labor will be paid for approved warranty claims at $50.00 per hour at All-Data labor guide book time. Any and all labor payout is capped at purchase price of engine or transmission.
Gold Part + Labor Warranty = 12 month / 12,000 Miles Parts & Labor
(If conditions below are met)
- Engines must have new oil and filter installed upon installation and every 3,000 miles thereafter.
- Transmission must have new seals, filters, gaskets, and oil upon installation.
- Engines/transmissions must have proper capacity cooling systems and must be flushed or replaced upon installation.
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of this limited warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- American Auto Parts does not assume responsibility or liability for towing charges, rental vehicle use or charges, lay-up time, loss due to down time, cost of lodging, cost of fluids, seals or any other purchase incurred to install or uninstall a part, loss of use, loss of earnings, damage to property, personal injury or death of any person.
- Improper installation voids this warranty. Lack of maintenance can void this warranty. The used part you have purchased must be properly installed and maintained in order to fulfill the conditions of this warranty.
- All engines are sold as long blocks only. Components including relays, sensors, water pumps, fuel injection, distributors, computers, etc. may be included on the engine upon purchase but they are there for convenience only, they are not warranted and may need to be changed to assure proper fit and function.
- All engines are warranted against any internal failure during said warranty period. An external leak caused by the re-use of original gaskets and seals is not a covered item and will not be considered as a warranty situation. Replacement of gaskets and seals is highly recommended to safeguard against any such conditions.
- To file a warranty claim, please contact American Auto Parts when the part is still installed in the vehicle, and be prepared to give the salesperson the diagnostic codes, symptoms and circumstances involved in the potential problem.
- All parts may be returned for any reason within the first 30 days of purchase with the original receipt. All SPECIAL ORDER parts returned within this time frame are subject to restocking and or freight charges incurred for return. The customer is responsible for timely returns if the part is not needed. After 30 days no refunds will be accepted.
American Auto Parts, at its option, may replace or repair the part(s) provided they acquire said part within 5 business days. If they cannot deliver or make available a replacement within 5 business days American Auto Parts will refund the amount due to customer in the same fashion the customer paid. i.e., a credit card refund on a credit card purchase. Cash returns over 100.00 dollars may be paid by check at the discretion of American Auto Parts.
All Parts subject to a restocking fee. 20% for stock parts; 25% for special order parts.
For a full core refund, please return your DRAINED core to American Auto Parts, or if you are a licensed body shop or garage in our local delivery area, call your salesperson to arrange to have the core picked up from your facility. All cores with fluid MUST be drained in order for us to refund your money. We will complete your refund in the same manner in which it was paid – credit card, cash, or check. Thank you for your business, and for helping the planet by keeping these core parts out of our landfills! All cores brought back to American Auto Parts are recycled. If you have any questions about our core program, please feel free to contact John Griffin, the manager, at John@americanauto.com or at 402-341-1111, extension 24